- They are high-impact (they take up a lot of visual space)
- They are easy (just tie ANYTHING on a string!)
Pom poms are SUPER easy to make, but if you are making a million little ones to fill a garland, it will be time-consuming. Solution: GIANT pom poms!
This takes 5 - 10 minutes, for reals. Here's how:
1) Buy some yarn. This was the cheapest yarn I could find. Short, fat balls of yarn will give you the poofiest pom poms.
2) Cut a long piece of yarn from your ball.
4) Grab some scissors and cut through all the loops of yarn on the snowman's head.
You want only straight pieces of yarn, and no loops. Now you have an octopus with a million legs.
5) Flip the octopus over and cut all the loops on the bottom.
6) Grab the ends of your long string. You should now have something that looks like this:
7) Trim ALL the yarn. The shorter you cut it, the poofier your pom pom will be. Turn the pom pom around, and keep cutting all the extra bits to create a sphere. Stop when you have enough trimmed yarn pieces to make a medium-sized tribble. I saved these extra bits for kids' crafts.
8) After you've formed all your pom poms, tie them onto a long piece of ribbon.
9) Feel good about yourself for completing a project.
Want more super-easy party decorations? Check out my pipecleaner garland or my post on easy paper decorations!
You can also follow me on Pinterest - I ONLY pin things that look easy, I promise.